The cost of routine eye exams and prescription eyewear can be of real concern, especially for large families. In many cases, vision insurance can lower these annual expenses.
A vision insurance policy is not the same as health insurance. Regular health insurance plans protect you against financial losses due to unexpected eye injuries or disease. Vision insurance, on the other hand, is a wellness benefit designed to provide routine eye care, prescription eyewear and other vision-related services at a reduced cost.
Because we provide both medical and routine eye care, we accept a number of insurance plans to help cover the cost depending on your individual needs. Here are just some of the plans that we accept:
Insurance Plans we Accept
- VSP: VSP®’s family of companies includes the largest not-for-profit vision benefits and services company in the United States with 55 million members
- UFCW: Insurance plan serving the members of Local 770, the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union.
- EyeMed: EyeMed has earned its place among the top vision benefits providers in the nation. They have grown from a discount program to one of the largest vision benefits organizations in the country.
- MESC: MESVision (Medical Eye Services) takes pride in providing brilliant vision care to the employee benefits community since 1976.
- Medi-Cal: Medi-Cal is the name of the Medicaid program in the State of California. It is jointly administered by the California State Department of Health Care Services and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- Gold Coast Health Plan: Health plan for people in Ventura County who are on Medi-Cal
- Met Life Vision
- United HealthCare
- If you don’t see your plan listed above, please call our office at 805-527-6824. Our staff is also always available to answer any questions regarding your benefits.